Educator, Dating Abuse Prevention Program
15 hours per week (2 ½ days) Sept – June
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are seeking a dynamic, committed Educator to present our dating abuse prevention curriculum in middle schools, high schools, colleges and more.
- • Qualified candidates will possess a BA in health education, gender studies, psychology, social work or related field
• Experience teaching or delivering presentations
• Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence and empathy for those affected
• Ability to effectively and independently make decisions based on sound judgment
• Proven ability to work effectively with adolescents, young adults, parents and teachers
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
All candidates should submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and a resume, along with the job title to Employment@jbws.org.