FT Overnight Advocate, Safe House
Monday – Thursday 10 pm to 7:30 am
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are seeking a full-time Overnight Advocate to work within the Safe House. Responsibilities of this position include answering the 24-hour domestic violence helpline and providing support and resources to callers, completing assessments and intakes, monitoring security cameras, and providing support to the residential families. Ideal candidate will have an understanding of the impact of trauma, can address crisis situations effectively, and is able to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, required.
- Understanding of the impact domestic violence and trauma on individuals and families.
- Ability to effectively and independently make decisions based on sound judgment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidates with 40-hour domestic violence training preferred however candidates without training must complete 40-hours of domestic violence training upon hire.
All candidates should submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and a resume, along with the job title to Employment@jbws.org.