FT Housing Coordinator
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are seeking a Housing Coordinator to be part of an exciting new opportunity assisting domestic violence survivors in accessing much needed resources. Our Community Housing Assistance program supports survivors with obtaining and maintaining stable housing, aiming to mitigate the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on their safety and stability. This position will provide strength-based, non-judgmental, client-centered services to survivors who have immediate housing needs, making both experience in housing services and skilled rapport building with clients key features of an ideal candidate. The position requires the ability to create partnerships with outside service providers as well as housing resources within Morris County. Our ideal candidate has proven ability to work independently, maintain clear communication with all parties, and facilitate the rapid movement of processes. This position will be a key member in creating policies, procedures, and related forms as this is a new venture within JBWS.
- BA in social work or related field, required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing case management and linkage to community resources, required
- Experience addressing housing needs, preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking, preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively within teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidates with 40-hour domestic violence training preferred however candidates without training must complete 40-hours of domestic violence training upon hire
- Flexibility to work two evenings per week
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
All candidates should submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and a resume, along with the job title to Employment@jbws.org.