Finance Associate, P/T
25 hours per week, flexible within business hours
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
JBWS is seeking a Finance Associate who is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of accounting transactions and the safeguard of agency assets. This position will report to the Finance Manager and will be performed partially remote for the near future. 25 hours per week, flexible within business hours. Paid vacation and benefits available.
- Timely processing of agency receipts including credit card payments.
- Process accounts payable including review of documentation and proper approvals.
- Maintain records for escrow deposits.
- Produce reports on receivable collections and fundraising transactions for management review.
- Participate in annual financial audit.
- Strong experience in MS Excel, Abila MIP accounting software or equivalent. QuickBooks a plus.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of JBWS
- Associates degree in accounting or greater plus three years’ experience minimum
All candidates should submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and a resume, along with the job title to Employment@jbws.org.