ACT Counselors (2 hourly positions; bilingual in Spanish required for one position)
Saturdays 7:30 – 10 AM, plus additional hours as needed and available
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
JBWS is seeking two hourly counselors to join a team of dedicated professionals to work with men in an abuse intervention program. These reliable and flexible individuals will be responsible for providing group counseling, intake sessions and ongoing support to male participants who have perpetrated domestic abuse. Bilingual in Spanish required for one of the counselor positions. The candidate must be available Saturday mornings to facilitate group. Candidate must complete 40 hours of domestic violence training upon hire.
• Masters in counseling, social work or related field.
• Licensed (LSW/LCSW or LAC/LPC) or license eligible preferred.
• Experience delivering trauma-informed services.
• Ability to effectively and independently make decisions based on sound judgment
• Proven ability to work effectively with mandated clients.
• Provides strengths-based, non-judgmental, client-centered services.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish required for one position.
• Strong documentation and interpersonal skills are required.
• Candidates with 40-hour domestic violence training preferred however candidates without training must complete 40-hours of domestic violence training upon hire.
All candidates should submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and a resume, along with the job title to Employment@jbws.org.