Rapid Rehousing Case Manager FT
Full time position: Rapid Rehousing: 25hrs per week, flexible days/hours schedule + (2) DV Safe House Shelter shifts (Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 5-10 pm. Must have flexibility to work two additional evenings per week and accommodate weekend hours, when needed.)
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as we launch a new Rapid Re-housing program for victims of domestic violence. The Case Manager will provide strengths-based, non-judgmental, client-centered services and work independently in the community to provide comprehensive case management services to families, including identifying and securing safe, affordable housing and developing skills to manage household budgets and finances. The Manager will assist in the development of the program to engage landlords and develop resources and processes.
- BA in Social Work or related field + 4 years of experience, including community-based work
- At least one year working with the homeless population or other populations that face housing instability
- Must possess initiative, motivation and a start-up mentality
- Experience delivering trauma-informed services
- Ability to effectively and independently make decisions based on sound judgment
- Strong management skills and ability to prioritize caseload needs
- Effective advocacy for clients
- Proven successful collaboration with various community stakeholders (e.g. providers, landlords, etc.) on behalf of clients
- Community outreach, housing experience and knowledge of Morris County services a plus.
- Must have valid NJ Driver’s license and ability to drive own car
- 40-hr Domestic Violence training required, provided by agency upon hire.
- Previous DV professional experience and training a plus
All candidates should submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and a resume, along with the job title to Employment@jbws.org.