Evening Advocate for Safe House
(Sun 3-11 pm, Mon/Tues 3-10:30 pm, Wed 3-11 pm, Thurs 2-11 pm)
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are seeking a dynamic, committed Evening Advocate for the Safe House Program. The Evening Advocate will provide strengths-based, non-judgmental, client-centered services in the residential Safe House Program. The position requires phone assessment of clients seeking shelter; case management with designated case load; answering 24-hr crisis Helpline; as well as responding to Safe House client needs as they arise, including crisis management. Additional responsibilities include monitoring of security cameras and other facility related needs.
- Qualified candidates will possess a BA in Social Work or related field and a minimum of three years relevant experience or equivalent education.
- Experience delivering trauma-informed services
- Ability to effectively and independently make decisions based on sound judgment
- Provides leadership to co-workers on shift
- Proven ability to work effectively with clients around identified needs, including domestic violence and other forms of interpersonal violence;
- Provides strengths-based, non-judgmental, client-centered services.
- Strong documentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Candidates with 40-hour domestic violence training preferred however candidates without training must complete 40-hours of domestic violence training upon hire.
All candidates should submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and a resume, along with the job title to Employment@jbws.org.